Sunday, November 13, 2011

A trip to the beach and feet on a skewer

Morning folks! Phil is making me write this post today...

Yesterday we took Josephine's recommendation and took the bus to Stanley, which is a small tourist beach with shops. The ride out on the double decker bus didn't disappoint, with winding roads along the side of the mountains that offered amazing views of the landscape, water and the architecture! I admit I made Phil sit closest to the window...as I really didn't want to be reminded that the guardrail ( where there was one) wasn't going to offer much resistance if there was a "wrong" turn.

Once we got to Stanley, we walked through the shops (yes I shopped) and walked along the boulders on the waterside. It was just amazing. Phil started feeling a bit tired (probably from being forced to shop), so we decided to get lunch at this Australian themed restaurant. I think that is where the mistake was made.... We refused the tap water and then had the nice lime sodas.....with ice. Bad Ann, regrets were felt later.

When we returned, Phil got his suits and shirts and I got my dress from the tailor, which looked lovely. Then I unpacked and repacked all the suitcases in an effort to make it all fit!

Phil went to the hotel buffet for dinner, where he said the selection was pretty amazing, but got a little hesitant when he though something he got on a skewer had little feet poking out....

Today we leave for Guangzhou!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!!!! Not the ice!!!! Upset lower GIs and squatty potties generally don't mix. Hope you are feeling better.

    Hmmm, those may have been feet. The question that remains is - did Phil eat the feet??

    We can't wait to hear what you think of Guangzhou. For us it was much appreciated after being in very rural parts of China for a week (think chickens hanging upside down at dirt floor rest stops with no running water and nothing for hours but beautiful patchwork countryside and people working alongside ox) - so it's amenitites may not seem as spectacular coming from Hong Kong ;-). You'll have to let us know.

    We can't wait to read more!

    Take care,
    Steph, Andy, Elaina and Lucas (and Ethan Mouse)

    ReplyDelete