Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Life of Maya

Hello again, Ann here, writing another blog post.  Yesterday morning we sat in a booster seat with only a little complaint and ate banana, cheerios, a little ham, and apple juice.  She told me she was ready to eat  her banana by holding it up to her mouth and pretending to eat it.  She's a smart little kid and was quite  funny.

 

Our scheduled appointments were not until 2pm yesterday afternoon so we took a long walk down the Pearl River.  It was quite fascinating as the park was filled on a business day with elderly people taking care of their grandkids.   There was also quite a bit of tai chi and singing....and a busy informal market of peddlers selling trinkets out of their bikes and carts.    Maya took some interest in a plant, and she took a leaf as a souvenir, which lasted until we got back to the hotel.

 

The walk winded me....not for the exertion, but from walking around in the fog of pollution.  I would call it a code red squared day.  I was told it was much worse up north in Beijing.  So far I've stuck with just taking allergy medicine.

 

When we got back to the hotel, we took a nap (I am pretty sure the foster mother was letting her sleep in bed with her....draped over her.  Reminded me of Obie when he comes over to our house), and then we went down to the play room.  We tried to encourage her to move as much as possible, which takes some coaxing. She's not too steady walking unassisted, but she's making strides. 

 

At 2PM Molly came and picked us up to take us to the Visa Office.  It was FILLED with families from all over the US and Europe adopting children.  It was a pretty quick trip.

 

We did a little experiment to see if she would accept Phil if I left the room....which didn't go well.  There was much screaming and crying until Phil carried Maya out of the room and around the hotel and outside to "look for mommy." (not sure if it was for him or Maya)  I had a lovely stroll around Shemian Island by myself for an hour however.  Oddly enough, Maya is ok with some of Phil's interactions, sometimes engaging in his games and giving him the odd Cheerio.  I had no doubt, he will win her over in time.  

 

Today we head out to the mall for clothes, jade and pearls!

No comments:

Post a Comment