Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tomorrow is the Big Day

I keep forgetting it's Sunday morning where you are (really early Sunday morning for those of you in places that rhyme with Handy Paygo).  Seriously, it's 8:30 on Sunday night here, so imagine my surprise when I went to check the final score for the Redskins - Miami game only to remember that it has not been played yet!  And I guess that goes for my soccer team as well.  I was going to ask my sister, Beth, how we did, but instead, all I can do at this point is give a shout out to my team mates following our blog -- Go Silver!

Here we are in Guangzhou, excited and anxious about meeting Maya tomorrow afternoon.  We had a nice chat with our facilitator, Molly, earlier today.  We'll get to meet her in person tomorrow about 1 pm (our time, of course, y'all still be in bed -- except for those staying up to watch Sunday Night Football...this time difference is soooo confusing).

Anyway, we're getting ready to sack out for the night a bit early.  I'll leave you with a few pictures from our train ride up, our stroll around Shamian Island, where our hotel is, and our, um, interesting meal at the hotel's Chinese restaurant (for those in need of background info -- Kung Pao Chicken and Chicken with Cashew...those are American Chinese dishes).

Yours,

Phil (and sleeping Ann)

PS. The two gentlemen in the one photo are the tailors in Hong Kong, Joseph (left) and David (right), who are old friends of Ann's cousin Scott.  Look closely in the mirror and you might spot two more people you know.





4 comments:

  1. Knowing you both, we'll assume you ordered the piglet with cherry tomato eyes 8-).

    Take care,
    Steph, Andy, Elaina, and Lucas (and Ethan Mouse)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca just asked if you had met Maya yet. She (and the rest of us) are very excited for you all. Can't wait to see the first family pics tomorrow (or tonight for us?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had turducken before but that meal there in the menu, is that threechickchicken? Yummy in my tummy!
    Enjoy the day tomorrow; it will be very special We are all with you!
    Love,
    Andre Susan Paula and Felipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, now that I can get your blog. I'm so excited for you. Maya is adorable, seems like a happy kid. Setting your boundaries is an unending job-have fun! I can't wait to meet my new great niece, enjoy your unforgettable adventures in China, All my love to the Three Of you. Keep those pictures coming. LOVE Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete